Monday, May 9, 2016

Book Excersices - VIEWPOINT 1


Writing UPS AND DOWNS (Page 92)

Exercise A - 


  1.  c
  2. a
  3. b
  4. a
  5. d
  6. b
  7. d
  8. c

Exercise B-

Researches are concerned about the decline IN bee colonies. Some blame hard winters. In a normal winter, the number of bees in a hive drops BY ABOUT 10 percent. However, in recent years, beekeepers have seen an annual fall OF APPROXIMATELY 30 percent of the number of bees in their hives. Some had losses BY ABOUT 50 percent, and some even lost ALMOST 90 percent of their bees. Overall, the U.S. experienced a decline OF MORE THAN 70% IN its total bee population. However, this problem does not exist everywhere. In fact, globally, there has been an increase OF MORE THAN 45 percent IN the number of hives, and honey production has also risen BY ROUGHLY 100 percent in the last 50 years.


Grammar ADDING INFORMATION (Page 97)

Exercise B-

1.- One of the happiest moments in my life was HAVING dinner in Italy with my husband. We were on a little island on a lake, EATING outside at a restaurant. And there were these musicians PLAYING music. WATCHING the sunset was so romantic. I can´t remember FEELING happier.

2.- I think the happiest day in my life was CELEBRATING my 18th birthday, PLAYING volleyball on the beach. There were some other guys PLAYING a game, too, and we played against them. They were really good, so WINNING felt really great. We´ve all stayed friends ever since, and when we are GETTING together, it always reminds me of that day.

My earliest happy memory was WINNING the school spelling bee. I WAS FEELING so proud STAYING there. Everyone in the audience STAYING UP and CLAPPING. SEEING my parents faces, was the best moment. I was STAYING on the stage for ages, WANTING NOT to end it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment